[Twisted-Python] <homer>Oooh, it's good news</homer>

Chris Armstrong carmstro at dynup.net
Wed May 2 19:39:29 MDT 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 12:23:44PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> 1. All .protocols that I wrote from scratch have tests in test_twisted.
>    .irc and .telnet are waiting for glyph.
> 2. twisted.pop3 now uses the POP3 protocol.
> 3. twisted.smtp now has rudimentary unit tests.
>
> I think that finishes the twisted.mail goals for 0.8.5
> By 0.9 I hope to have enough to support so you can just issue
>
> bin/mkmailsystem <root>
>
> And know that you have a mail system that does not go outside the root,
> and manages the mail. With some luck, maybe I'll even be able to add a
> gloop server which integrates with a gloop-to-web gateway to have a web
> interface for configuring domains. Anyone who did qmail knows what I'm
> talking about -- every postmaster can go in, add users, remove users,
> define policies, etc. That's probably post-0.9, though...

You don't need to write a gloop-to-web gateway for a config interface - I'm
already working on a configuration interface. All you'll have to do is define
some standard functions in the classes that you want to be configurable and
it will be configurable for any UI that's implemented (currently only working
on web, but a reality configurator is something that I'm looking forward
to as well).

Chris Armstrong                        carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net