[Twisted-Python] <homer>Oooh, it's good news</homer>

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Thu May 3 12:48:49 EDT 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001 21:39:29 -0400, Chris Armstrong <carmstro at dynup.net> wrote:

> You don't need to write a gloop-to-web gateway for a config interface - I'm
> already working on a configuration interface. All you'll have to do is define
> some standard functions in the classes that you want to be configurable and
> it will be configurable for any UI that's implemented

Sounds cool. Try to look how Zope does it, and take the good parts, and
throw away the bad parts. For example, I would like a

.generateQuestions() --> Return a ConfigurationQuestions object.
.acceptAnswers(answers) --> Accept an ConfigurationAnswers object, and
                            configure yourself.

Also, you probably also want to consider security -- e.g., I'd like to
have hierarchical permissions, so the site-admin can configure any domain,
but a postmaster for a certain domain can have permissions for a specific
domain. I don't mind dealing with security on my own, though, e.g.,
have methods

.acceptCredentials(name, password) --> Return a unique id, which
                                       is sent back with the answers.

> (currently only working
> on web, but a reality configurator is something that I'm looking forward
> to as well).

Cool. You mean, like, walk up to the dragon and tell him the password
to get inside the "configuration room"? ;-)
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,