[Twisted-Python] Inform

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Mar 19 10:28:11 EST 2001

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> Is there any push to port the inform library over to twisted-python in
> its entirety?  It strikes me that the current "ruins" demo is lacking
> in many features simply because the library is so spare (for instance,
> "get all" is not implemented).

Currently there is no such push, because Inform's library is conceptually
single-player only (this is evidenced by the amount of global state that
it maintains, how the player is treated as a facet of the world rather
than just another object, etc).

However, if you're interested in seeing inform-like functionality
implemented, we'd love to integrate such a thing.  Even better if you can
make it more multi-player aware.

> I'm interested in this largely because Inform is non-free software,
> and I'd like to get back into writing interactive fiction.  Inform
> itself was never more than just a simple bytecode compiler and object
> system, while the library was its true benefit.

We do have plans for a twisted reality standard library, but they are
haphazard at this point.  Look in twisted/library/ for what we've done so
far.

                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://www.twistedmatrix.com/~glyph/