[Twisted-Python] Seamless Information Space

Jason L. Asbahr jasbahr at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jul 14 12:29:48 EDT 2001

Chris,

It's in the subject line.  :-)  S.I.S. is just my way of
referring to that data I carry around in the Palm and access
with the Palm Desktop, which could someday in the future be
replaced by some set of objects running in Twisted, including
Twisted PIM.  "Seamless information space" describes an
experience of relating to the data, as not having the data
be *a* file on *that* computer, but as an integrated set of
data that you can access anywhere, even if you are offline
(like on the Palm).

To clarify my previous statement, I meant that it would be
cool to have multiple _simultaneous_ views into the same
information space, which being client-server, shouldn't
be a problem, right?  It could be multiple web browsers,
I suppose, or multiple GTK+ clients.

An example of that idea in the Palm Desktop case would be
to have two or more instances of Desktop visible, each
displaying different categories of data, so you can work
in different data contexts without flipping back and forth.

Roughly, the virtual equivalent of having several books
open on your desk to just the right spot in each.

The Palm Desktop currently isn't designed to let you do
that, and that limitation can be frustrating.

How is TwistedPim coming along?