[Twisted-Python] Twisted.pim

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 9 01:44:48 EDT 2001

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Jason L. Asbahr wrote:

> I spend 80% of my time with the Palm in the Memos section, 15% in
> Addresses, 5% in Calendar, and 0% in Todos.  Not that I don't keep
> todos, it's just that the one built into the Palm suite is too
> limited. (I keep them in various memo categories.)

  [snip]

In case that whole schpiel didn't speak for itself, I have to say that I
consider Jason somewhat of a domain expert in the PIM space :).
Whoever's writing code for this PIM thing, I strongly suggest you pick his
brain (or better yet -- somehow trick him into writing code! ^_^).  I
would like to at least avoid making the *same* design mistakes previous
platforms have made.

I do think it's interesting to note that arguably the most useful app on
the Palm is the memo pad; I think that the semantics of memos are almost
completely isomorphic to a directory structure.  Is there anything else
that they do which I don't know about?

                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph