[Twisted-Python] Bug involving Interface.pixel, Interface.box, and Method

Chris Armstrong carmstro at dynup.net
Tue Feb 6 15:50:54 MST 2001

Here's the low-down of a bug that I can't seem to squash.
If you go to one of the pages in my site, ie
http://twistedmatrix.com:8010/code , you'll see that the pixel images
around the table are referenced as /code/pixel (which doesn't exist).
This should be /pixel, but since the request that's eventually being passed
to Interface.box() is from /code, it's trying to get /code/pixel. If you'd
like to see the code for my site, it's at
http://twistedmatrix.com:8010/mysite.py. I'm fairly certain that it's not
a bug in my code, but an issue involving both box() and Method.

I thought of a few no-good hacks to get around this.
1) I can just have box() reference /pixel rather than /requestpath/pixel, but
this obviously won't work for sites whose / isn't an Interface.

2) I can provide a Method.getChild that returns (basically, not literally)
../request, or something like that. Blech.

So. I'm clueless. Thanks for any help.

--
Chris Armstrong   http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net
There is a 90% chance that this message was written when the author's been