[Twisted-Python] newbie question: error handling

Ivo van der Wijk ivo at amaze.nl
Sun Dec 30 16:44:31 MST 2001

Hi All,

I'm currently migrating my irc client to twisted, and things look
promising.

However, I can't figure out the following things:

My protocol is derived from protocols.basic.LineReceiver
(which in turn derives from protocol.Protocol.protocol).

How can I determine what specific error condition caused connectionLost()
or connectionFailed()? I.e. connection refused, unknown hostname,
no route to host, etc (the standard errno stuff).

Also, how can I determine if Linereceived.sendLine() (or
Protocol.Transport.write()) failed? It doesn't seem to return an
error value or raise Exceptions, and depending on the invocation
of connectionLost makes things perhaps too asynchronous..

Cheers,

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                              -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                      Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.