[Twisted-Python] Some suggestions

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Thu Aug 9 23:42:44 MDT 2001

On Thu, 09 Aug 2001, Itamar <twisted at itamarst.org> wrote:

> 0) Twisted is very cool.

Great!

> 1) Pickle on save should be optional.

Check out the newly added -o/--no_save option

> 2) Why is the number of clients that socket.listen() queues hard-coded
> to 5? this should be an option.

This is now settable, but mktap doesn't expose the functionality.
You can go into your pickles post-hoc and set the .backlog attribute.
Check out the new Application.listenOn and Port.__init__

> 5) More docstrings!

Next time, specific places where you would find docstrings most helpful
would be nice. I don't have infinite time, but I wouldn't mind going through
5-10 functions adding docstrings.

> And if this an HTML email it's Mozilla's fault, not mine.

It wasn't.
--
Moshe Zadka - http://moshez.geek
(if you're not cool, http://moshez.org is still working)