[Twisted-Python] Reality Servers

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Aug 1 18:03:26 MDT 2001

I'd like to emphatically second Jason's comment here!

Documentation is a serious sore point of many Python projects, including
Twisted, and I'd like to encourage anyone who has the time to do so to
write and maintain documentation, especially HOWTOs and tutorials.  (The
API documentation is passable as reference material, although it too needs
work.)

In addition to the Windows documentation, it might be nice to have a
slightly more GUI frontend to Twisted for windows users, who don't have a
very good command line interface.  I really don't know where to start with
such a tool though, because the GUI seems so open-ended to me, but if you
can think of an easier process while you're writing documentation, please
suggest that to the list.

More comments interspersed below...

and Chris Hadgis wrote:

> This does help, actually.
>
> If anyone is interested, I can write up some notes on how to get various
> aspects of TM working on Windows platforms.
>
> Once I put the Inheritance and TRDemo directories in the right places, I was
> able to create a .spl file for both Inheritance and TRDemo. There was a
> problem with TRDemo - twisted.library is missing. Is this library available
> anywhere or has it been superseded? I ran the Inheritance module, and after
> going through some code to find the username and password, I was able to run
> this successfully. I am now able to move around in the inheritance game, but
> that's about it.

Unfortunately, that's about as far as we got.  You can put things in
things, and if you read author.py you should get a few hints as to "verbs"
you can use to create things... hopefully some of the ex-reality authors
can chime in here...

> Again, if anyone is interested in docs for running any of this, I will be
> happy to produce some.

Seconding Jason's opinion, as above.

> Does anyone know the status of reality servers?

What do you mean by Status?

> I'm really enjoying playing around with all of this stuff.

Great to hear it! :)
                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph