[Twisted-Python] What the hell?

Shae Erisson shae at webwitches.com
Fri Aug 31 13:40:03 EDT 2001

From: Itamar <twisted at itamarst.org>
Subject: [Twisted-Python] What the hell?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:15:16 -0400

>  From tcp.py:
>
> ============
> class Client(Connection):
>      """A client for TCP (and similiar) sockets.
>      """
>      def __init__(self, host, port, protocol):
>          """Initialize the client, setting up its socket, and request to
>          connect.
>          """
>          if host == 'unix':
>              # "port" in this case is really a filename
> ============
>
> That is sooo wrong. What if my computer is named 'unix'? Why does the
> TCP code deal with files?

if you're adding xfstt to your fontpath, the url to use is unix:7101/
xfs is at unix:7100/

so I'd assume is specific to some kind of IPC.
Therefore, I bet yer system will act strangely if you make your hostname 'unix'
----
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.webwitches.com/~shae/
bRing mE fIve sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt
13:00pm up 1 season, 1 squirrel, load average: 1+1j 0.5+2j 0.2+0.5j