[Twisted-Python] Reality Servers

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Aug 29 04:27:46 EDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 09:24:33AM +1000, Chris.Hadgis at mincom.com wrote:
> I downloaded the TRDemo zip file yesterday and everything works okay
> now...

Cool.  Yeah, we need to start versioning those releases.

(There will be another one shortly, as I'm introducing a convention for Twisted
packages.)

> I have identified three problems I will look at as time permits

> (1) 'pull string' of the John Romero action figure results in the
> broadcast messages appearing twice. Calls to broadcastToPair() appear but
> calls to broadcast() do not. I don't know why. I changed the function so
> the John Romero messages actually appear now. I don't know why broadcast()
> won't work from the 'pull string' function.

Interesting.  I'll look into it.

> (2) obvious exits should always show the obvious exits from the player's
> room even when you are looking at an object. Glyph mentioned this
> yesterday.

Yep.  I'm still not sure how to handle this...

> (3) add an 'examine' verb, which is the same as 'look at'. I want to use
> 'x' as a short-cut for examine, but the code for direction short-cuts
> won't work in this case - direction short-cuts replace the whole sentence
> with the full command.

Hopefully this will be really simple.  It should be a 3-line addition to
twisted/reality/player.py ;)

> If ANYONE has problems with tkfaucet, please add them to the list and I
> will see what I can do about fixing them.

This sounds like good stuff.  When you have patches to contribute, assuming
they're less than 40k or so, send them to the list in diff -u format.

--