[Twisted-Python] Checking in SSL support

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 10 18:53:01 EDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Itamar wrote:

> Ok, I have basic working SSL support. I also made an echoserv-ssl.py so
> I could test the code. I can telnet-ssl in and get data echoed back.

Nifty.

If you could, would you add autodetection code in twisted/tap/web.py that
will make an SSL webserver on port 443 if SSL is available?

> May I checkin the following?
> 1) twisted.internet.ssl

Yes.

> 2) docs/examples/echoserv-ssl.py

Yes.

> 3) docs/examples/server.pem (a SSL ceritificate so echoserv-ssl can run).

Is there any copyright concern over this?  How is it generated?

> SSL contexts are created per socket and not stored in the
> ssl.Port/ssl.Client instances, since they are not picklable.

Cool.  Are they regenerated on login?

                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph