[Twisted-Python] Reality Servers

M.J. Stahl mjmstahl at one.net
Thu Aug 2 01:00:56 EDT 2001

> Documentation is a serious sore point of many Python projects, including
> Twisted, and I'd like to encourage anyone who has the time to do so to
> write and maintain documentation, especially HOWTOs and tutorials.  (The
> API documentation is passable as reference material, although it too
> needs
> work.)

I currently operate on the MacOS X architecture and if I can get Twisted
working on its platform I will be more than happy to document it for
further use.

> In addition to the Windows documentation, it might be nice to have a
> slightly more GUI frontend to Twisted for windows users, who don't
> have a
> very good command line interface.  I really don't know where to start
> with
> such a tool though, because the GUI seems so open-ended to me, but if
> you
> can think of an easier process while you're writing documentation,
> please
> suggest that to the list.

What about the use of Wx Windows, since it has the WxPython API
extensions, that way one wouldn't have to worry about reinventing the
wheel used to work with X or Windows.