[Twisted-Python] ch-ch-ch-changes

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Aug 1 15:03:21 MDT 2001

In my personal repository, I'm making a change to pb that I want to
mention before I commit.

Previously, there was no notion of a reference back to the "client", in a
PB service.  A perspective could provide an 'observe' method or similiar,
to allow the user to see what was going on.

However, given that this is such a frequent request, I'll be adding an
optinonal argument to requestPerspective that specifies a client-side
object that represents the "inverse perspective"; a direct reference to
something that represents the client's connection.  This works quite well
for twisted.reality and twisted.words (the new chat framework I'm working
on).

This will break pb services on tm.com yet again when I check it in, due to
protocol changes that support this (sorry guys!), but this time it should
be nothing more than a server restart for those of you who are running web
subservers.

                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph