[Twisted-Python] I was looking for offhanded ways to improve us.

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Apr 29 12:26:33 EDT 2001

On Sunday 29 April 2001 00:33, you wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2001matrix.com> wrote:
> > I've written a draft "official twisted python coding standard", currently
> > at
> >
> > 	http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph/standard.html
>
> Thanks.

As you mentioned to me offline, I forgot about whitespace and docstring
indentation.  I've updated it to include a blurb about those.

> > 	0.9.3: Postgres protocol client, asynchronous DB API spec.
>
> Wow! Sounds heavy...

Not that heavy (I hope)... there's a standard for the protocol, there is a
reference implementation of it in libpq and a 3rd-party implementation using
emacs.  The nastiest part, I think, will be in trying to design a database
API that makes sense asynchronously.

> > Here, there's some speculation as to whether we should do a fork to
> > "stable" and "unstable" versions of TPy.  Any thoughts?
>
> No need, until you've got 1000s of users, which won't happen until 2.0,
> probably, if at all.

That's what I thought...

> > 	1.4.0: Fairly complete inet.d replacement: pop3, imap, telnet, talk,
> > ident, IRC client-compatible server; all implemented with Moshe's
> > protocols framework.
>
> And I'm still thinking of APX and SIMAP -- http://em.ca/~bruceg/

Good to hear :).  But first get web integrated with twisted.protocols.http!
:))

--