[Reality] Problems starting Imaginary

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Mar 21 14:26:42 CST 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:51:04 +0000, Marcos Marado <marcos.marado at sonae.com> wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I had on my TODO list to check out "Twisted Reality", and I decided to do it
>today. By the archives on this mailing list I noticed that Reality is now
>actualy Imaginary: http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodImaginary . Since I
>found no other reference to this, I think this is still the mailing list
>where I should write.
>
>The wiki tells me to read this file:
>
>$ cat doc/RUNNING
>================ <result of cat
>$ axiomatic -d imaginary.axiom offering install imaginary
>$ axiomatic -d imaginary.axiom start
>$ telnet localhost 4023
>Trying 127.0.0.1...
>Connected to localhost.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>IMAGINARY 0.1.0alpha0
>TWISTED SVN-Trunk
>PYTHON 2.4.2 (#2, Sep 30 2005, 21:19:01)
>[GCC 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.1-4ubuntu8)]
>
>Written by Jp Calderone (exarkun at twistedmatrix.com)
>
>Username:
>================ result of cat />
>
>So, I tried:
>
>$ axiomatic -d imaginary.axiom offering install imaginary
>Unknown command: offering
>$
>
>Anyone can point to me what am I doing wrong?

It looks like you probably don't have the right versions of all the
dependencies.  Even if you did, though, it looks like the running document
is a bit out of date and skips a couple required steps.

I created a ticket in the Divmod tracker for this.  In the mean time, once
you get the latest version of everything, make sure to run this command
first:

    axiomatic -d imaginary.axiom mantissa

And after you run the start command, log in to the web server running on
localhost:8080 and configure a port number for either the telnet or ssh
server for imaginary.  Then you should be able to log in.

Jean-Paul