[Reality] Hello!?

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Feb 28 22:04:25 MST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:20 +0100, Thomas Schwarz <jaxom at ahtuar.de> wrote:
>Oh, that's interesting! :-)
>
> I did send my stupid "Hello" message only because in the archive of this
> list the last message was from June 2004.
>
> Is Twisted Reality still alive?
>
> I found out about it when searching google for mud and python and came
> to the page http://twistedmatrix.com/products/reality. There is
> mentioned the "Imagination" module of anonymous SVN. I downloaded
> everything of Twisted through SVN but I could not find an "Imagination"
> module.
>
> What is the status of Twisted Reality?

  It's not dead, it's resting.

  Imagination has its own repository at <svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Imagination/>.  Not a lot is currently happening with it, as is indicated by the level of traffic on this list.  There is still a lot of interest in bringing it to a usable state, but an absence of time and, at least for my part, answers to hard questions, has prevented any actual code progress in quite some time.

  There are some examples which, last I checked, could be run.  These take the form of simple maps the server is capable of running.  They provide some very basic actions, such as movement (and possibly other things - picking things up maybe?  opening and closing doors?  an annoying brass cockroach?  I can't remember which of these things we actually got to work).

  Anyway, check it out, run some of the examples, tell us what you think :)

  Jp