[Reality] Containment - barriers to implementation

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Apr 4 00:01:23 MST 2004

On Apr 4, 2004, at 1:33 AM, <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:

> As an alternative to adding a second criterion, it also seems possible
> to change the current criterion to an introspectable object ... which
> would provide enough information to filter both collectors/more and
> implements/find in semantically different ways.  This preserves the
> existing interfaces, more or less, and forces us to fix criterion
> sooner rather than later, so maybe is a better solution.

IMHO this is the correct solution, because I have a feeling we will
want the criterion to do more sophisticated things as time goes on, and
I don't want to go from 2 to 3 to 4 kinds of criterion in doing so.

A good example of "more stuff" might be a 'refine' method on criterion
to aggregate them, whereby one might (somehow) indicate that one is
requesting an object *both* whose name is "sword" *and* whose owner is
me.