[Reality] getting started?

Eric Wong reality@twistedmatrix.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:45:21 -0700

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 02:13:12PM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 04:08 PM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
>
> >This is the _whole point_ of adapters -- separating concerns so you
> >don't need to modify the original object to add functionality to it.
>
> It might not be obvious why this is a good idea if you're coming from
> elsewhere :).  The systems we've currently got in the NewReality module
> are pretty thin.  Our goal is to expand them in flexibility (and
> therefore complexity) as much as we possibly can.
[cut]

Okay, fair enough.  After staring at code for a long time, I think the
light is finally starting to dawn (however dimly =) Now the thing that
sort of bothers me is the way interfaces and adapters are combined in
single modules.  Would it be cleaner and clearer if interfaces were all
defined somewhere (reality/interfaces/* ?) and the adapters somewhere
else?

Should I send in patches?  For example, I subclassed wiring.TextServer
to deal with multiple player logins (to the prosaically named
'MultiPlayerTextServer').  Or is this the sort of system-specific change
that doesn't need to be distributed?

Eric