Adaptors, was Re: [Reality] getting started?

Glyph Lefkowitz reality@twistedmatrix.com
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:16:29 -0500

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 06:21 PM, Jasper Phillips wrote:

> How do you deal with such methods?  Do you place them on what needs
> them and
> call them via reflecteion, or do you extend the adaptors to keep track
> of
> all such complex interactions (if so what about code dealing with
> interactions between 2 adaptors)?

In theory, extend the adapters.  I'm not sure how far this approach
will scale, but I think it's safe to say it will scale more than any
previously attempted approach :).

After all, I don't think it's possible to automate an interaction like
"how does burning interact with the function of a rope vs. the function
of a loudspeaker vs. the function of a book?"