[Reality] GutenBook

David Sturgis reality@twistedmatrix.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:47:11 -0500

On 17 Jun 2002 12:16:57 -0400
Christopher Armstrong <radix@twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Perhaps. After looking over some books for a while, it seems the standard is
> not as clearly-defined as I hoped. :( So the "information retrieval system"
> may just be comprised of a regexp shwacking the (super-long) header of the
> text and returning the body. I'll show you once I have the implementation :)

     That would be really handy... Having an Alice in Wonderland/Jabberwock based puzzle/area that included a complete copy of the derivative literature as an extra hint would be pretty neat. Especially if creating that in-game book didn't involve retyping the entire contents of said literature into a GTK faucet window.  ;-)

     And that could also be useful for getting large amounts of externally written text (like the "children's book" from Inheritance) into Reality-book form without too much extra work.

---
David Sturgis
dave@dcit.com
Senior Director of Internet Technologies
DCIT Corporation
"The Information Technology Company" (tm)
http://www.dcit.com
724 Bergen Blvd
Ridgefield, NJ 07657
201-313-1845 ext 718