[Reality] a more fun map

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:31:03 -0500 (EST)

Yo, Check it:

inheritance.py is in cvs now.  I took a few hours to hand-convert this
from the .por stuff. It's most of the rooms that we want, and their
positions; I'm sure that we'll find stuff that needs to be fixed, but it's
a pretty good mock-up.

Why did I put it into a file like this, and not a reality pickle?

Well, because I'd like it to be easily patchable, and I'd like people to
be able to script the creation of things if it's expedient to do so.  And,
well:

glyph@helix:~/cvstrees/matrix/reality% du -h inheritance.*
36k	inheritance.py
44k	inheritance.rp

It's a bit smaller and not binary =).

The webpage about this is at

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/reality/inheritance/

if you don't know what it is.  We are going to be doing this as a 'dress
rehearsal' for doing divunal, since it has a much better defined
scope.  If you want to start coding stuff for puzzles, please let me
know: we have most of a design document lying around somewhere and I
should whip it into shape.

However, basic verbs like look/move etc should be played with first; and
we need locations to be slightly more featureful than they currently
are... so this is not a top priority currently.  Just wanted to let
everyone know it is there.

---
Even if you can deceive people about a product through misleading statements,
sooner or later the product will speak for itself.
- Hajime Karatsu