|Version 5 (modified by Screwtape, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Here's a list (incomplete - please contribute) of things we use tools for in our development process:
- Issue tracking
- IRC notification of new tickets and ticket review / openness state
- Mail notification of new tickets
- Mail notification of subscribed tickets
- Ability to delete comments (spam)
- Web site
- Must be presented via twistedmatrix.com, with a custom style sheet.
- Browser analytics like this (not strictly a requirement, but very, very nice to have)
- An equivalent to http://twistedmatrix.com/highscores/ or a data-feed that can be used to recreate it.
- A wiki for documenting how all these other parts of the workflow integrate.
- Source browser
- line number links
- Revision control
- commit notification to IRC
- commit notification to email
- RSS feed is probably sufficient
- buildbot builds on trunk commits
- buildbot builds on arbitrary branches
- Revision control / ticket integration
- automatic or easy association of branches with tickets
- ability to close a ticket with a commit
- reopen a ticket with a commit
- automatically post a comment with a commit message
If some better tools come along that can do these better, we should use them instead.