Building Twisted on Windows
Some requirements must be met to build the "Official" win32 Twisted.
- Install packages mentioned in Installation requirements
- You must install the exact version of the MSVC compiler which matches you Python version: https://wiki.python.org/moin/WindowsCompilers
Just issue the command:
$ python setup.py bdist_wheel
The Official Twisted is built with native Python 2.7 (latest), not the Cygwin version of Python, however it is built with the help of Cygwin packages.
You need both.
Download and install it for both versions of Python.
You need this little module: http://www.rutherfurd.net/python/winreg/
If you have trouble building the official build, try the following:
- Make sure your cygwin .bash_profile isn't clobbering this system PATH
- Make sure you don't have Cygwin's Python package installed.
- If you're doing an official release, see maintainer-notes.txt.