Building Twisted on Windows
Some requirements must be met to build the "Official" win32 Twisted.
- Install packages mentioned in Installation requirements
- You must install the exact version of the MSVC compiler which matches you Python version: https://wiki.python.org/moin/WindowsCompilers
Just issue the command:
$ python setup.py bdist_wheel
The Official Twisted is built with native Python 2.7 (latest), not the Cygwin version of Python, however it is built with the help of Cygwin packages.
You need both.
- ZopeInterface 3.3.0
Download and install it for both versions of Python.
You need this little module: http://www.rutherfurd.net/python/winreg/
If you have trouble building the official build, try the following:
- Make sure your cygwin .bash_profile isn't clobbering this system PATH
- Make sure you don't have Cygwin's Python package installed.
- If you're doing an official release, see maintainer-notes.txt.