|Version 7 (modified by teratorn, 7 years ago)|
Twisted on Microsoft Windows
Call for help!
The Twisted project is currently seeking resource donations to establish Windows development environments for Twisted commiters!
We wish to establish a number of Windows machines accessible over the Internet via RDP (aka Remote Desktop/Terminal Services). On versions of Windows where RDP is unavailable VNC will be provided. SSH access will also be provided to Cygwin shells, and to CMD.exe shells (if possible).
We plan to have buildbots running on *at least* Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP Professional. As resources permit, we may include buildbots on Win XP Home and Win2K (our sole Windows buildbot is currently running Win2K). The level of support given to the Win2K product family has yet to be determined. Microsoft continues to support Win2K until at least June 2010 - see http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/extendedsupport.mspx
A 64-bit buildslave, and developer acess to 64-bit versions of Windwos would also be ideal. The exact hardware/software requirements are yet to be determined.
What we need:
- A machine to run Win2K3 Server. This will be the primary Windows development machine for the Twisted community, primarily because it allows multiple concurrent RDP sessions (XP Pro allows at most two). This will hopefully be a fast machine with a goodly amout of RAM and lots of HD space. 2.0Ghz+ would be nice. 1GB+ RAM would be nice. We may not be able to have a seperate 2K3 buildbot slave, so this machine may need to serve that purpose as well.
- A machine to run XP Professional.
- A machine to run Windows 2000.
Software Licenses - in order of priority:
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP Pro
- Visual Studio - preferably the latest one
Optional, if we can find hardware/hosting for them:
- Windows XP Home
- Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server, or Datacenter Server. A Server version would be nice for RDP support.
What we have:
We currently have a single Win2K Pro buildslave generously hosted by Mike Taylor.