|Version 4 (modified by dreid, 21 months ago)|
Always run buildbot against a branch before merging it it trunk.
- Get the force-builds.py.
- Run the script on your branch with python force-builds.py /branches/<branch name> '<Comment>'
- Note the forward slash before 'branches' and the lack of a forward slash after the branch name
- Look at the results at the URL http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/boxes-supported?branch=/branches/<branch name>
- The latest trunk build can been viewed at http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/boxes-supported?branch=/trunk
- For complicated patches or ones that are likely to tickle cross-platform problems, it's useful to link to buildbot results in the ticket to show that the patch doesn't break any builds.