|Version 7 (modified by exarkun, 10 years ago) (diff)|
Twisted Words provides two separate high-level end-user features:
- a multiprotocol instant messaging server
- a multiprotocol instant messaging client
These are both still in the early stages of development and are not expected to work flawlessly in all configurations, however each is quite usable for a limited set of functionality. A Twisted Words server can be created with just a couple commands:
$ mktap words --irc-port 6667 --pb-port 8787 --passwd password_file --group somegroup $ twistd -f words.tap
The Twisted Words client is named im and is usable as an IRC client, and possibly an AIM client (depending on the phase of the moon).
Low Level Functionality
Twisted Words also includes:
- Low-level protocol implementations of OSCAR (AIM and ICQ), IRC, MSN, TOC (AIM).
- Jabber libraries.
- Prototypes of chat server and client frameworks built on top of the protocols.
Twisted Words is available under the MIT Free Software licence.
- Release notes for Twisted Words 0.3.0
- Stable: Twisted Words is part of Twisted. Tarballs and Windows installers are at the TwistedProject page.
- Trunk: svn co svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Twisted/trunk Twisted
- Minimal Tarball. This will require downloading of additional dependencies. We encourage you to use the downloads at TwistedProject, instead of this minimal download.
Subscribe to the twisted-python mailing list or visit the #twisted channel on irc.freenode.net to ask questions.