|Version 6 (modified by radix, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Twisted.Web2 is the next generation Web Server Framework built with Twisted. Web2 is under active development and it's APIs should not be considered stable at this point. It is not a version of Twisted.Web and with that in mind compatibility is not of the highest concern, though the compatibility layer does support many but not all twisted.web resources. Improvements over Twisted.Web
- Streaming upload data
- Support for multiple headers of the same name
- Separation of low level HTTP and high level request handling which allows it to run under other transports such as SCGI and CGI
- IResource API improvements from Nevow
- More versatile outgoing data streaming API
- Correct header parsing
- Full HTTP/1.1 support
- Output filters (HTTP range support in a generic fashion, and gzip support)
- Significantly better URI Rewriting when used behind a proxy such as Apache's mod_proxy
Things to further improve
- Speed, it's not very fast, depending on how the benchmarks are done it's either significantly faster than Twisted.Web or twice as slow.
- Better twisted.web compatibility
- More and better tests
Twisted Web2 is available under the MIT Free Software licence.
- Release notes for Twisted Web2 0.1.0
- Trunk: svn co svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Twisted/trunk Twisted
- Minimal Tarball. This will require downloading of additional dependencies.
Subscribe to the twisted-web mailing list or visit the #twisted.web channel on irc.freenode.net to ask questions.