|Version 18 (modified by exarkun, 6 years ago) (diff)|
If you aren't sure what's going on here, stop. Use Twisted Web. Do not use Web2.
Improvements over Twisted.Web:
- Streaming upload data
- Separation of low level HTTP and high level request handling which allows it to run under other transports such as SCGI and CGI
- IResource API improvements from Nevow
- More versatile outgoing data streaming API
- Correct header parsing
- Full HTTP/1.1 support
- Output filters (HTTP range support in a generic fashion, and gzip support)
- Significantly better URI Rewriting when used behind a proxy such as Apache's mod_proxy
Twisted Web2 is available under the MIT Free Software licence.
twisted.web2 is an experimental library, whose improvements will eventually be factored back into twisted.web.
If you want to use web2, please use an SVN checkout of Twisted trunk until the features you need have been made available in twisted.web.
Documentation source is available for Twisted Web2.
Subscribe to the twisted-web mailing list or visit the #twisted.web channel on irc.freenode.net to ask questions.