|Version 7 (modified by 11 years ago) (diff),|
Twisted is an asynchronous networking framework written in Python, supporting TCP, UDP, multicast, SSL/TLS, serial communication and more. It is used by most of the servers, clients and protocols that are part of other Twisted projects.
Twisted contains a number of modules:
- twisted.cred, a pluggable authentication system for servers;
- twisted.enterprise, an asynchonous adaptor of Python DB-API 2.0 database interfaces;
- twisted.internet, the Twisted event loop;
- twisted.manhole, a debugging service;
- twisted.persisted, a collection of object persistance systems
- twisted.protocols, a collection of simple network protocols and helper utilities;
- twisted.python, a set of Twisted programming abstractions;
- twisted.spread, a network transport, serializer and object broker;
- twisted.trial, a unit-testing framework; and
Twisted is available under the MIT Free Software licence.
- Stable: Download the latest release - 2.2.0! Release announcement
- Trunk: svn co svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Twisted/trunk Twisted
Subscribe to the twisted-python mailing list or visit the #twisted channel on irc.freenode.net to ask questions.