|Version 2 (modified by glyph, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Twisted Core is an asynchronous event loop and associated utilities, supporting TCP, UDP, multicast, SSL/TLS, serial communication and more. It is used by most of the servers, clients and protocols that are part of other Twisted projects.
The core "minimal" distribution contains a number of modules:
- twisted.internet, the Twisted event loop;
- twisted.cred, a pluggable authentication system for servers;
- twisted.enterprise, an asynchonous adaptor of Python DB-API 2.0 database interfaces;
- twisted.manhole, a debugging service;
- twisted.persisted, a collection of object persistance systems
- twisted.protocols, a collection of helper protocols (such as a line-oriented helper, a length-prefixed helper, a netstrings helper, etc);
- twisted.python, a set of Twisted programming abstractions;
- twisted.spread, a network transport, serializer and object broker;
- twisted.trial, a unit-testing framework; and
Twisted is available under the MIT Free Software licence.
You probably want to download all of Twisted. If you are sure you need a more recent version of Twisted Core only, or you are trying to conserve disk space for a small installation, download the latest Twisted Core here..
Subscribe to the twisted-python mailing list or visit the #twisted channel on irc.freenode.net to ask questions.