The Twisted Book
Do you want your name, or your company's name, to be immortalized as one of the first sponsors of the Twisted project? Find out about the benefits of sponsorship today!
What is Twisted?
Twisted is an event-driven networking engine written in Python and licensed under the MIT license.
See the FAQ for commonly asked questions about Twisted.
If you want to get started with Twisted, the first thing you should do is read the Twisted Core Documentation.
Twisted projects variously support TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, multicast, Unix sockets, a large number of protocols (including HTTP, NNTP, IMAP, SSH, IRC, FTP, and others), and much more.
More Useful Pointers:
- The Twisted Community - Get in touch with other Twisted users and developers.
- Development - Our development process; also, don't miss out on contributing to Twisted.
- Success Stories - Read about people who have been successful with Twisted.
- The Twisted Show - Interviews and podcasts with businesses and projects that use Twisted.
- Software that uses Twisted - Learn what other projects are using Twisted.
- The Labs - What is Twisted Matrix Laboratories?
- Sponsors - Individuals and organisations aid development with donations of hardware, software, hosting, and so on.
- Windows We're especially seeking resources to help improve Twisted on Windows.
Twisted is supported by
Want to help Twisted, but don't have any spare time? If you appreciate Twisted and want to help the community and future development, consider a tax-deductible
Note that PayPal charges us a transaction fee; if possible, please use Google Checkout instead.