|Version 9 (modified by rosdal, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Twisted is used by many open-source, academic and commercial projects.
Libraries and Add-Ons
- TLS Lite - Python TLS/SSL implementation.
- TwistedSNMP - PySNMP integration for Twisted.
- BEEPy - BEEP protocol implementation for Python.
- PyRAD- a RADIUS client and server.
- Ldaptor - LDAP protocol implementation and utilities.
- Twibber - a Jabber implementation.
- PyOSD - module for displaying text on your X display, much like the "On Screen Displays" used on TVs and some monitors.
- BitTorrent - a peer-to-peer file sharing program.
- Chandler - a desktop PIM.
- Zope3 - next-generation of the Zope application server and content management system.
- hellanzb - an application designed for *nix environments that retrieves and processes Usenet nzb files.
- Flumotion - a streaming media server.
- Quotient - multi-protocol messaging server with tools for information management and retrieval, including a mail server (SMTP/POP3/IMAP/webmail) and much more.
- Shtoom - a RTP/SIP VoIP phone.
- Hep - Message routing super-server
- Khashmir - distributed hash table.
- OGC - MUD client.
- Bannerfish - banner ad server.
- apt-proxy2 - caching proxy for Debian apt-get clients.
- CVSToys - CVS change notification via email, IRC and HTTP.
- Beyond 2 - high level framework for assembling, animating, and interacting with 3D virtual environments
- DocmaServer - batch processing server that does Word <-> XML conversion.
- pyvncviewer - a simple VNC viewer implemented in Python.
- BuildBot - a distributed building/testing framework.
- PythonDirector - load balancing for web servers.
- Various libraries - pcap, SNMP integration, RSS to NNTP gateway, and other programs.
- Upstage - a "cyberperformance" chat system.
- Freevo - open-source home theatre and PVR PC platform.
- CIA Bot - notification system, used by many projects for source code checkin notification.
- SFTPGateway - SFTP to FTP gateway, allowing secure access to FTP servers.
- Informant - GNOME Panel applet for event notification.
- Go Siege - multiplayer Go game.
- TouRSSt - RSS delivery system.
- Pynfo - extendable multi-function IRC bot.
- PETMail - permission based anti-spam replacement for SMTP.
- Crow's Nest - collect log information from various sources and to apply some filter to them in a very modular way.
- Trash - a web pastebin application.
- GalaxyMage - a cross-platform, open-source tactical RPG with online multiplayer play.
- OpenRTS - an open source real-time strategy game with multiplayer and scenario games.
- Tycoon @ HP Labs is a market-based system for managing compute resources in distributed clusters.
- Dharma @ UPenn: Distributed Home Agent for Robust Mobile Access.
- PySense @ MIT is an open source python library devoted to first person sensing for robots and wearables.
- pyGridWare @ Lawrence Berkeley National Labs is a Python implementation of the WS-Resource framework. It includes support for WS-Addressing, WS-Notification, WS-Lifetime management, and WS-Security.
Got a successful project you'd like added to this page? Mail a brief description and an URL (if appropriate) to the twisted mailing list!