To do list for switching the code repository from Subversion to Git
This acts more as a reminder of things to do than the actual definitive list. Feel free to update it if things are missing.
Changing the repository must still meet the workflow requirements.
- Changes to the infrastructure should be made against the braid repository (or its sub-modules) so that it can be deployed with fab
Upgrade Trac: (Done)
- The CI system already uses Git. Is there any changes to make here?
- Port the post-commit hooks from Subversion to Git:
- IRC announcements from Kenaan
- repository structure enforcement (i.e. no merges to trunk, or, presumably, "master", without a fixed bug and a NEWS file, unless it's a quote file change)
- Buildbot kick off (Is it already done?)
- Port the release scripts from Subversion to Git: #7035
- Port twisted.python.versions to use Git: #7036
- Is there any need to have a Git mirror on the same machine as Trac?
- we don't want our release repository on the same machine running the website. (code.twistedmatrix.com has a much smaller attack surface)