|Version 2 (modified by exarkun, 3 years ago) (diff)|
IReactorTCP.connectTCP will be extended with these (backwards compatible) changes:
- An IPv6 address literal, optionally(?) with a percent-embedded scopeid will be allowed as the value of the host parameter
- The bindAddress parameter will accept 4-tuples. The first element is an address like the above, the other three are port number, flow info, and scope id.
- (Maybe bindAddress values shouldn't be tuples but should be nice structured objects instead)
- If host is IPv6, bindAddress must be as well, and vice versa.
IReactorTCP.listenTCP will be extended with these (backwards compatible) changes:
- interface will accept an ipv6 address literal value like the one described above
- The default listen address will still be INADDR_ANY (this is a non-change; pass "::" if you want IPv6 servers, or see the high level APIs)
IReactorUDP.listenUDP will be extended in an analogous way to IReactorTCP.listenTCP
IUDPTransport.write and IUDPTransport.connect:
- For UDP ports listening on ipv6 addresses only, will be extended to accept a value for addr which is a 4-tuple like the one described above.
IMulticastTransport.joinGroup and leaveGroup are similarly extended. setOutgoingInterface, who knows?
For the APIs mentioned above which can accept hostnames instead of IP address literals, no IPv6 name resolution (hosts file, dns, etc) will be attempted when a hostname is supplied.
Introduce HostnameClientEndpoint. This endpoint takes a hostname and a port number. The hostname is resolved using getaddrinfo (#4362) and a connection attempted to each address (perhaps serially, perhaps concurrently, perhaps concurrently with a staggered start) and stops after a connection attempt succeeds. Internally this will find an IPv4 or IPv6 address to try and then pass it to IReactorTCP.connectTCP.
Introduce AllLocalInterfacesServerEndpoint. This endpoint binds to all local interfaces on some port and returns an aggregate IListeningPort implementation that can deal with the multiple underlying ports.