|Version 1 (modified by trac, 8 years ago) (diff)|
- Link to page: http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/mail/documentation/
- Reviewer's name: David Blewett
- Review Date: 14 January 2006
- Years using some parts of Twisted: 0 (just started)
- Overall level of comfort with Twisted: Very little
- Level of experience with the subject matter of this document: Reasonable amount
- Have read or used this document before: Yes
I expected an overview of how to use the different mail protocols. I'm especially interested in using the twisted IMAP modules to create a server. I needed a general overview of how to wrap or subclass the existing code to customize it to what I needed. I was also looking for a simple code example to get started, and possibly a test harness to debug the server.
I'm not sure how to do the rest of the review, because there was hardly any documentation to begin with. This isn't a dig; I was just surprised and frustrated. I did find this message on the list from 2004. I was able to start to make sense of the code based on this and the good commenting in the code.