Forgot your password?
← Previous Change
Next Change →
side by side
lines around each change
White space changes
02/24/2006 11:58:47 PM (
= Review Details =
* Link to page: [http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/mail/documentation/]
* Reviewer's name: David Blewett
* Review Date: 14 January 2006
= User Profile =
* Years using some parts of Twisted: 0 (just started)
* Overall level of comfort with Twisted: Very little
* Level of experience with the subject matter of this document: Reasonable amount
* Have read or used this document before: Yes
= Document expectations =
I expected an overview of how to use the different mail protocols. I'm especially interested in using the twisted IMAP modules to create a server. I needed a general overview of how to wrap or subclass the existing code to customize it to what I needed. I was also looking for a simple code example to get started, and possibly a test harness to debug the server.
I'm not sure how to do the rest of the review, because there was hardly any documentation to begin with. This isn't a dig; I was just surprised and frustrated. I did find this [http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2004-March/007247.html message on the list from 2004]. I was able to start to make sense of the code based on this and the good commenting in the code.
Site design credits