|Version 2 (modified by oubiwann, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Contributing to Twisted
There are many ways individuals and organizations can make contributions to Twisted.
- Money (how much? what for?)
- Buildslaves (which ones? how to do this?)
- Perform code reviews
- Submit bug reports
- Provide patches
- Review documentation
- Apply for an open maintainer position?
- Provide technical support (answer questions on IRC and the mail lists)
What you need to read if you are planning on contributing technically:
- Be sure you've read and understand the applicable docs
- Register on this site
- Intimately familiarize yourself with The Ultimate Quality Development System
- Examine some of the current branches
- Take a look at the open tickets
- Memorize the Twisted coding standard
- Practice all of these by submitting patches (submit branches in diff -u format to the ticket tracker)
- Explore the code review process and help a brother/sister out
- Buildbot. Watch it.