|Version 16 (modified by ltaylor.volks, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Contributing To Twisted
There are many ways individuals and organizations can make contributions to Twisted.
Many open source projects are perpetually crunched for volunteer labor. Twisted is no different in this respect — we could always use more help from the community. However, we are lucky to have something that most projects don't: the ability to convert dollars directly into maintenance that benefits the project.
When you contribute money to the Twisted project, you are directly contributing to get bugs fixed, features implemented, and tickets reviewed Donations are tax-deductible and can be made via Google Checkout or Paypal or directly to the Twisted Software Foundation.
- Register on this site
- Intimately familiarize yourself with The Ultimate Quality Development System
- Understand the Developer docs (how-tos, core docs, examples, API reference)
- Twisted has a rigorous policy standards for code, documentation, and testing:
- Understand the code review process
- Buildbot is used to automate the build process across platforms and test for breakage. Watch it.
- You'll need to Use it before merging a branch.
- Examine some of the current branches
- Take a look at the open tickets
- Learn the bug keywords
- 'Easy' keyword tickets are low-hanging fruit and good to get your feet wet
- Submit a Patch in the diff -u format by attaching it to an open ticket in the tracker. You can also create a New Ticket after you have Registered