|Version 15 (modified by jesstess, 4 years ago)|
Contributing to Twisted
There are many ways individuals and organizations can make contributions to Twisted.
- Money (how much? what for?)
- Provide needed buildslaves
- Perform code reviews (see below)
- Submit bug reports (you must first be registered)
- Provide patches (see below)
- Review and add documentation
- Provide technical support (answer questions on IRC and the mail lists)
What you need to read if you are planning on contributing technically:
- Be sure you've read and understand the applicable docs
- Register on this site
- Intimately familiarize yourself with The Ultimate Quality Development System
- Examine some of the current branches
- Take a look at the open tickets
- Learn the bug keywords
- Memorize the Twisted Coding standard and the Twisted Unit Tests standard.
- Practice all of these by submitting patches (submit branches in diff -u format to the ticket tracker)
- Explore the code review process and help a brother/sister out
- Buildbot. Watch it. Use it before merging a branch.
See also Twisted Development.