|Version 3 (modified by rwall, 6 months ago)|
Contributing To Twisted (DRAFT)
This is a one page summary of the ways that you or your organization can contribute to Twisted.
This is a draft document which is intended to eventually replace wiki:ContributingToTwistedLabs.
There are many ways individuals and organizations can make contributions to Twisted.
Many open source projects are perpetually crunched for volunteer labor. Twisted is no different in this respect — we could always use more help from the community. However, we are lucky to have something that most projects don't; the ability to convert dollars directly into maintenance that benefits the project.
When you contribute money to the Twisted project, you are directly contributing to get bugs fixed, features implemented, and tickets reviewed. Donations are tax-deductible and can be made via Google Checkout or Paypal or directly to the Twisted Software Foundation.
Report bugs/file tickets
- Search the bugtracker for any existing tickets that are similar to the ones you are planning to file.
- You can also use Google with your search query followed by the site:http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket parameter.
- If you didn't find an existing ticket, discuss it with the Twisted Community.
- Basic instructions before you start.
- Prepare. (Links to other development process related documentation - redundancy)
- Understand the development process. (Links to UQDS and Review Process)
- Also, possibly tl;dr review process
- News files! (already linked from the links above - repeating for emphasis0
- Submit for review (May contain redundant steps)
If you have commit access:
- Read CommitterChecklist.
- Twisted and SVN (howto).
Review a Ticket
- Code Review (i.e. Divmod's description of what a code review is).
- Review Process explained in detail.
Other ways to contribute
Text from OtherWaystoContribute