#6362 enhancement new
ExampleTestBase class for unit testing example code
|Reported by:||rwall||Owned by:||rwall|
branch-diff, diff-cov, branch-cov, buildbot
This is part of the Twisted Better Examples plan:
The writing standard suggests that "example code should conform to the coding standard" which implies that examples should be unit tested just like the main twisted code.
One suggestion was to add something like Divmod ExampleTestBase, which imports the example scripts so that their components can be unit tested.
This has already been added to some of the twisted.names examples tests.
But it should be moved somewhere central eg
- source:trunk/twisted/test/proto_helpers.py or
...where it can be used by tests for all Twisted examples.
In the same branch, add / update tests for twisted.names examples to demonstrate the new class and its central location.
Change History (23)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by rwall
- Branch changed from branches/testable-examples-6362 to branches/testable-examples-6362-2
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by rwall
- Branch changed from branches/testable-examples-6362-2 to branches/testable-examples-6362-3
comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by rwall
- Branch changed from branches/testable-examples-6362-3 to branches/testable-examples-6362-4
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by rwall
- Branch changed from branches/testable-examples-6362-4 to branches/testable-examples-6362-5
comment:17 Changed 3 years ago by rwall
- Branch changed from branches/testable-examples-6362-5 to branches/testable-examples-6362-6
comment:20 follow-up: ↓ 21 Changed 3 years ago by exarkun
- Keywords review removed
- Owner set to rwall