twisted.internet.task.react should actually exit python, using appropriate exit codes
|Reported by:||itamar||Owned by:||therve|
(diff, github, buildbot, log)
Exit codes tend to be more useful for command-line programs (the use case for react) than servers. As such, it seems like it'd be good if react actually exited with an exit code after the reactor is done.
- By default exit code should be 0.
- If an exception is raised/result Deferred is fired with errback, it should be 1.
- If a SystemExit exception is raised or passed as errback of result Deferred, exit with the code specified by the SystemExit.
This is an API change from current version, so we should decide if we're doing this before the next release since the API is still unreleased and therefore does not require backwards compat.
Change History (8)
comment:7 Changed 21 months ago by exarkun
- Keywords review removed
- Owner changed from exarkun to therve
- Status changed from assigned to new