Remove (immediately and with all haste) `IResolver.lookupRecord`
|Reported by:||exarkun||Owned by:||exarkun|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Python 3.3 Minimal|
(diff, github, buildbot, log)
Description (last modified by exarkun)
This method of the IResolver interface has no implementation in Twisted and has never had an implementation in Twisted. It is a documentation error.
I propose that this is acceptable without deprecation because:
- Twisted has never included an implementation of this method for applications to call.
- Twisted has never called this method on any object, either defined by Twisted or supplied by an application.
- It is redundant with query.
- Any application code which was implementing this method for some reason of its own will be unaffected by the removal of the method from the interface.
Change History (4)
comment:2 Changed 23 months ago by exarkun
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords review added
- Owner changed from exarkun to itamar
comment:3 Changed 23 months ago by therve
- Keywords review removed
- Owner changed from itamar to exarkun
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.