Add timeout implementation to Deferred, based on cancellation support
|Reported by:||itamar||Owned by:||Mark Williams <markrwilliams@…>|
branch-diff, diff-cov, branch-cov, buildbot
|Author:||itamarst, itamar, kaizhang|
Description (last modified by itamar)
If you can cancel a Deferred, you should be able to time it out as well.
Some non-obvious points:
- It'd be useful to have an ability to distinguish between different timeouts (and cancellation) via the exception in the Failure.
- You may want to add multiple timeouts, and have them affect different levels of the callback chain. Consider a high-level request than opens a connection, then sends out a HTTP request. The code that creates the network connection might want to add a 60 second timeout on the connection attempt. Code calling the combo high-level API might want a 10 minute timeout, which applies to combination of network connection and HTTP request.
Change History (52)
comment:18 Changed 4 years ago by glyph
- Keywords review removed
- Owner changed from glyph to itamar
- Status changed from assigned to new
comment:24 Changed 3 years ago by kaizhang
- Branch changed from branches/deferred-timeouts-5786 to branches/deferred-timeouts-5786-2
comment:30 Changed 3 years ago by itamarst
- Branch changed from branches/deferred-timeouts-5786-2 to branches/deferred-timeouts-5786-3
comment:32 Changed 3 years ago by itamarst
- Branch changed from branches/deferred-timeouts-5786-3 to branches/deferred-timeouts-5786-4
comment:42 Changed 6 months ago by cyli
- Branch changed from branches/deferred-timeouts-5786-4 to timeout-deferreds-5786-5
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.