#5773 enhancement new
Request Timeout for web.client.Agent
|Reported by:||Tobias Oberstein||Owned by:|
Agent should have an option to set the request timeout.
Currently, the old getPage has
- option to set request timeout
- no option to set connectionTimeout
- no persistent connection pool
and Agent has
- no option to set request timeout
- option to set connectionTimeout
- persistent connection pool
So Agent is lacking behind getPage wrt to request timeout.
The attached patch adds a request timeout option. When the timeout hits, the request fails with
The request timeout is for the whole request, that is setup as soon as the request has been started to write to the transport. It is not a response-only timeout that would only be started when the producer has finished producing and then timeout for receiving the response.