Ticket #5773 enhancement new
Request Timeout for web.client.Agent
|Reported by:||oberstet||Owned by:|
Agent should have an option to set the request timeout.
Currently, the old getPage has
- option to set request timeout
- no option to set connectionTimeout
- no persistent connection pool
and Agent has
- no option to set request timeout
- option to set connectionTimeout
- persistent connection pool
So Agent is lacking behind getPage wrt to request timeout.
The attached patch adds a request timeout option. When the timeout hits, the request fails with twisted.web._newclient.ResponseNeverReceived.
The request timeout is for the whole request, that is setup as soon as the request has been started to write to the transport. It is not a response-only timeout that would only be started when the producer has finished producing and then timeout for receiving the response.