[Twisted-web] How to write an HTTP1.1 Proxy using Twisted?

Sha Hua huasha1985 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 10:58:00 MST 2014

Hi all,

I have recently started to learn and use Twisted. The first task is to
write an HTTP proxy.
I found Twisted provides a built-in proxy module described here:

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/web/howto/using-twistedweb.html#auto9

It says the server part inherits http.HTTPChannel, while the client part
inherits http.HTTPClient.

However, as I later find out, *http.HTTPClient is only a HTTP 1.0
client,*which is not enough for my task. I also found there is another
class called *twisted.web.client.Agent
*which seems to be more advanced than http.HTTPClient and supports HTTP 1.1.

Questions:
1. Can twisted.web.client.Agent be used in a Proxy implementation with
http.HTTPChannel? Is there any examples?
2. Does http.HTTPChannel support HTTP 1.1?

Thanks!

Sha