[Twisted-web] Double tracebacks for t.web & klein

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Sep 17 12:04:15 MDT 2013

On Sep 17, 2013, at 2:21 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 09/17/2013 04:39 AM, Glyph wrote:
>
>> Klein tracks bugs using Github.  First, you should file a bug :-).
>
> Yes. The point of my email was to determine *which* system I should file a bug for (klein or t.web) as I was unsure who was at fault (returning the Failure from processingFailed doesn't seem terribly useful).
>
> But I will assume from your email that klein is at fault, and file a bug there.
>
> Cheers,
> Phil

Sorry, I did not read your message carefully enough.

Nevertheless, even if Klein isn't at fault, it's the "top layer" here, so a bug should be reported there.  If we need to file a bug in Twisted too, having the Klein bug to link to for reference will be good as a practical example of the need for the fix :-).

I also tend to assume that other people are like me, and will forget to write a bug and the bug will get lost, so a lot of my immediate replies end up being "file it file it file it" ;-).  So it's good, just to quash that impulse of _mine_ if for no other reason, to start by filing a bug so it won't get lost, then start the mailing list thread by linking to the bug to prompt some action on it...

For what it's worth, Klein isn't wrong to use processingFailed, because it doesn't start with a "_".  Twisted is wrong for not documenting it :-).

-glyph