[Twisted-web] deployment with twistd of simple web application

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Nov 5 05:48:02 MST 2013

On 12:25 pm, _ at lvh.io wrote:
>Hi Axel,
>
>You probably want to read this:
>
>https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/application.html
>
>There's a number of ways you can use twistd web, for example with a tac
>file, but personally I always opt for using a Twisted plugin, so you
>instead do twistd mything :)

There's some confused language here.

"twistd web" sounds a lot like the command line invocation of `twistd´
to use the `web´ plugin - which sets up an HTTP server using Twisted
web.

The Twisted plugin (twisted.plugin) system is used by twistd to
implement its support for extensible command line parsing.  "twistd web"
is implemented using a twistd plugin
(twisted.plugins.twisted_web.TwistedWeb and twisted.web.tap) which is
itself implemented using twisted.plugin.

I think the OP may have been asking how to use "twistd web" to
accomplish what his Python snippet accomplished.

Jean-Paul