[Twisted-web] Where to begin

Ron Allen Smith ron at ronallensmith.com
Sun Jun 30 19:40:21 MDT 2013

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Python, but not programming.  However, my problem is replacing an antiquated web-based classroom-attendance oriented software app.

I need to serve out an environment where teachers can sign in and take attendance for students in their classrooms.  That's the general idea.  Python was recommended, but I've not used it before.  So, I'm looking for directions on what the best overall components would be.  I just so happened to have started with the web server first--Twisted Web was at the top of the list on the http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebServers page and seemed intriguing.

That's the background on my search/inquiry.

I think I'll need components to help with authenticating people, a database to capture attendance data, components to help with presenting data back to the user's browser, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron
ron at ronallensmith.com